tomcat-users mailing list archives

From dylanmac <dylan...@gmail.com>
Subject Multiple development sites using different ports
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 18:08:12 GMT

I'd like to configure Tomcat so that I can run multiple dev websites as root
relative and distinguish them via port numbers.  In order words, I'd like to
run http://localhost:8080/index.jsp and have that be a different site (using
a different directory) than http://localhost:9800/index.jsp

The reason this matters to me is because I like running my sites as
root-relative.  That way I can reference images, files, etc as, for example,
/images/logo.png rather than having to traverse the directory structure via
"../".  This makes the site much more portable and accurately reflects how
the site will run in production anyway (where most sites run as root).

So can anyone give me a quick primer on how to configure Tomcat to use
multiple ports for root-relative development?  I have spent several hours
researching this with no luck.

I am currently running Tomcat 6.0

Thanks.