tomcat-users mailing list archives

From JimDaley <jim.da...@intervoice.com>
Subject net start "Apache Tomcat" fails with error 3523
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 14:56:23 GMT

I am running Apache Tomcat 5.0.25 on Windows 2003. When I reboot my system
and go to a command prompt and type in net start "Apache Tomcat" after about
10 seconds I get an error that says "service could not be started". MSG
3523.

If I look in the services it shows the service is started. If I look at the
eventviewer it also shows NO errors and that it took 21 seconds to start. If
I kill tomcat and issue the net start again from the command line it says
that it is started successfully. The second time it only takes about 5 sec.
to start.

This seems to be a problem of HOW long it takes to start the first time
after a reboot.

Any help would be appreciated.