tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Multiple development sites using different ports
Date Fri, 27 Jun 2008 00:13:13 GMT
> From: dylanmac [mailto:dylanmac@gmail.com]
> Subject: Re: Multiple development sites using different ports
>
> I looked at name-based virtual hosts and couldn't get it
> working.

What did you try and what didn't work?  Be specific.

Did you read the doc:
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/virtual-hosting-howto.html

> I need to configure the DNS properly for
> name-based virtual hosting to work.

Only if you're going to expose your web sites to an uncontrolled set of clients (e.g., the
Internet).  Otherwise, as Hassan noted, simply update the /etc/hosts file on each client computer
to include all the host names you want, all targeting the same IP address.  (For Windows clients,
it's in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc\hosts.)

 - Chuck