tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat: JNDI and Google Webtoolkit
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 13:36:20 GMT
> From: nabruphonic [mailto:stylophonic@gmx.de]
> Subject: RE: Tomcat: JNDI and Google Webtoolkit
>
> I moved the driver to the common-directory. Unfortunately it
> still does not work.

I doubt that whatever error message you're getting says "does not work"; you need to be specific.
 Look in the Tomcat logs to see if there's anything pertinent.

>From your original message:

> - MySQL 4.1 (auf Ubuntu)
> - copy mysql-connector-java-5.1.6-bin.jar into <TOMCAT>/server/lib

Is it valid to use the 5.1 JDBC driver with the 4.1 server?

> url="jdbc:mysql://192.168.7.136/eco_test"

Is the IP address correct?  Do you need to specify a port number?

> I think I need to add somewhere a connector?

The default Tomcat config includes a <Connector> for port 8080; if you're going to use
port 80, just change the default, don't add another one.  Also, if you're switching to the
standard HTTP/HTTPS ports, change the redirectPort to 443.

You certainly don't want the maxProcessors attribute for a 5.5 Tomcat - that went away some
time ago.  Use the Tomcat doc appropriate for your level.

 - Chuck