tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Enabling APR
Date Thu, 26 Jun 2008 12:39:54 GMT
> From: Philip Wigg [mailto:phil@philipwigg.co.uk]
> Subject: Enabling APR
>
> I believe I've enabled APR on my Tomcat installation.

Should we try to guess the version of Tomcat you're using, or would you care to tell us?
The OS and JDK/JRE version would also be useful.

> I can add the additional options for my connectors that APR
> allows without Tomcat complaining

Tomcat doesn't do much in the way of syntax checking for server.xml, so that's not definitive.

> Is there any other way to tell?

Yes - the catalina.xx.log will include something like this:

Jun 26, 2008 7:37:04 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: Loaded APR based Apache Tomcat Native library 1.1.12.
Jun 26, 2008 7:37:04 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: APR capabilities: IPv6 [true], sendfile [true], accept filters [false], random [true].

> For example, the documentation says "OS level statistics on memory
> usage and CPU usage by the Tomcat process are displayed by the status
> servlet" but I can't see these? Are they meant to be in the Tomcat
> manager application at http://localhost:8080/manager/status?

If Tomcat's running, they show up under the headings for the JVM and each connector.

 - Chuck