tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: java.lang.LinkageError
Date Mon, 23 Jun 2008 19:14:02 GMT
> From: Fátima Milla Olaya [mailto:fatima.milla-olaya@evidian.com]
> Subject: java.lang.LinkageError
>
> Hi! I have a problem with the configuration of the logs in Tomcat
> (it puts the logs in Windows/System32) and also I get an error
> that doesn't let me start the service:

Don't suppose you'd want to tell us the version of Tomcat you're using?  As well as the JDK/JRE
version?

> java.lang.LinkageError: java/util/logging/LogRecord
>    at
> com.evidian.security.authz.local.audit.AuditFilter.isLoggable(AuditFilter.java:25)

According to the API doc for LinkageError:
"Subclasses of LinkageError indicate that a class has some dependency on another class; however,
the latter class has incompatibly changed after the compilation of the former class."

Looks like code in *your* product - not Tomcat - is causing the exception.  Perhaps you're
compiling on one JDK version and trying to run with another that's not compatible.

 - Chuck