tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Memory Settings in Tomcat 5.5.25
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 13:40:19 GMT
> From: semaj2008 [mailto:semaj.najraham@hotmail.com]
> Subject: RE: Memory Settings in Tomcat 5.5.25
>
> 1. How do we view the memory settings if the tomcat
> server is not installed as a service?

If you're running Tomcat via the scripts, you can set heap limits via the JAVA_OPTS environment
variable.  JConsole is always available to monitor any running JVM.

> 2. How do we view the memory settings if we run the
> server within eclipse?

No idea - not something I would ever consider doing.  Eclipse plays too many games with the
configuration and environment to be trusted.

 - Chuck