tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldar...@unisys.com>
Subject RE: Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working
Date Thu, 05 Jun 2008 18:15:03 GMT
> From: ktou Ho [mailto:hktou@hotmail.com]
> Subject: RE: Singleton in Tomcat 6.0 not working
>
> Did you mean I should just remove this  <Context> element
> from the server.xml?

You should never have put it in there, so definitely remove it.  If you need to set the reloadable
attribute, then put just this:

<Context reloadable="true"/>

in the file META-INF/context.xml inside the webapp.  Note that setting reloadable incurs some
additional overhead inside Tomcat, so it is normally not used for production.

The doc reference:

 - Chuck