tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Pierrick Terrettaz <tom...@electronet.ch>
Subject Re: realm login and user session are not the same
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 23:38:21 GMT
Since we clean the threadlocal after each requests, the issue is solved.
We used a main filter which encapsulates the request processing and at
the end of the filter, we set the threadlocal to null.

something like :

public void doFilter(..) throws .. {
     HttpServletRequest req = (HttpServletRequest) request;

     // set threadLocal at each request
     PrincipalStore.set(req.getUserPrincipal());

     // call the filter chain
     filterChain.doFilter(request, response);

     // clean the thread local
     PrincipalStore.set(null);
}

- Pierrick