tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Access static content ("logs" folder) ?
Date Sun, 08 Jun 2008 01:05:30 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Caldarale, Charles R" <Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Sunday, June 08, 2008 2:54 AM
Subject: RE: Access static content ("logs" folder) ?

> From: Johnny Kewl [mailto:john@kewlstuff.co.za]
> Subject: Re: Access static content ("logs" folder) ?
>
> Where were you yesterday?... cant leave me alone here,
> hey..... and run off and play golf  ;)

>That's what my boss does - and she's very good at it; never tried it
>myself.  I drive on race tracks, fly airplanes, and today, play tennis and
>go eagle watching.
    Cut the wings off your plane, put it into an inverted spin, and try land
it on a tennis court --- thats golf, with 17 to go ;)

> Wanted to ask you if its possible to enable a listing for
> just one webapp... couldnt figure that out.

>Yes, it can be done.  You have to create a WEB-INF/web.xml file under the
>webapp's docBase, declare its own DefaultServlet, and set the listings
>value to true.  >For example:

<web-app xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-app_2_5.xsd"
    version="2.5">
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>logdefault</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>org.apache.catalina.servlets.DefaultServlet</servlet-class>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>debug</param-name>
            <param-value>0</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <init-param>
            <param-name>listings</param-name>
            <param-value>true</param-value>
        </init-param>
        <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>
    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>logdefault</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/</url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>
</web-app>

> Note that you must change the <servlet-name> to something that doesn't
> conflict with what's in the global conf/web.xml file.
    Ah... this is what I got wrong, thx.