tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: Tomcat having problems under load
Date Fri, 06 Jun 2008 17:11:04 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Billy Ng" <billyng.tomcat@gmail.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, June 05, 2008 10:25 PM
Subject: Tomcat having problems under load

Hi folks,

I am using Tomcat 5.5.20 on a Linux box with 8 CPUs and 8GB of RAM.  I am
seeing a really strange behavior.  The web app has 1 very heavy load
servlet, but I notice only 1 CPU is busy.  Then, the Tomcat is only up for
15 minutes and die.  Any thing I should look at?

Thanks in advance!

Billy,

Dont know, my guess the heavy servlet has issues, check mem, logs, threads
etc... and chuck will probably set you right ;)
I just want to know about the box ;)  Where did you get Godzilla? ;) Would
luv to have a squiz at the monster you have there.
Didnt even know bios, linux would see a monster with 8 cpus... a link to the
supplier would be nice, thanks.
Is it all for this servlet? Wow!

The only real POJO Application Server.