tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <>
Subject Re: How to run own java application within Tomcat
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 17:23:07 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Slobodanka Dimitrijevic" <>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 11:26 AM
Subject: How to run own java application within Tomcat

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Slobodanka Dimitrijevic []
Verzonden: maandag 2 juni 2008 11:24
Onderwerp: How to run own java application within Tomcat

I have an Java application that I want to run standalone but also from

This java application has a java class that make use of axis2 to expose
methods of this class as web service methods.

What I want is the following:

Scenario 1:

If I run my Java application as standalone application axis web service
methods are not available.

Scenario 2:

If I run my Java application from Tomcat axis web service methods are

Slobodanka, its really just design architecture...

Your application is (Lib + Java Executable) and in TC its (Lib + Java
Executable + Jax or Axis)

Sun have been trying to make this easier in Java6 see this artcle for

But Axis will work, the app will just have to carry the extra Axis classes
so it compiles, and can run outside.

Then we having a little fun with a new thing called a POJO Application
And you could actually combine all three.
A PAS takes a full application and pops just the UI side out of browsers
Its a Tomcat tool.

So now you can really blow your customers away ;)
Web service.
Runs stand alone.
Or the app just jumps out of the browser.

The only real POJO Application Server.
See it in Action :

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail: