tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Johnny Kewl" <j...@kewlstuff.co.za>
Subject Re: How to run own java application within Tomcat
Date Mon, 02 Jun 2008 17:23:07 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Slobodanka Dimitrijevic" <sdimitrijevic@dirkzwager.com>
To: "Tomcat Users List" <users@tomcat.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, June 02, 2008 11:26 AM
Subject: How to run own java application within Tomcat

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Slobodanka Dimitrijevic [mailto:sdimitrijevic@dirkzwager.com]
Verzonden: maandag 2 juni 2008 11:24
Aan: users@tomcat.apache.org
Onderwerp: How to run own java application within Tomcat

Hi,

I have an Java application that I want to run standalone but also from
Tomcat.

This java application has a java class that make use of axis2 to expose
methods of this class as web service methods.

What I want is the following:

Scenario 1:

If I run my Java application as standalone application axis web service
methods are not available.

Scenario 2:

If I run my Java application from Tomcat axis web service methods are
available.

=================

Slobodanka, its really just design architecture...

Your application is (Lib + Java Executable) and in TC its (Lib + Java
Executable + Jax or Axis)

Sun have been trying to make this easier in Java6 see this artcle for
example
http://java.sun.com/developer/technicalArticles/J2SE/jax_ws_2/

But Axis will work, the app will just have to carry the extra Axis classes
so it compiles, and can run outside.

Then we having a little fun with a new thing called a POJO Application
Server
And you could actually combine all three.
A PAS takes a full application and pops just the UI side out of browsers
Its a Tomcat tool.

So now you can really blow your customers away ;)
Web service.
Runs stand alone.
Or the app just jumps out of the browser.

The only real POJO Application Server.