tomcat-users mailing list archives

From d...@lexmark.com
Subject Re: JSF implementation selection
Date Sat, 10 May 2008 00:35:23 GMT
We are running Tomcat 5.5 using the SSO Valve.

We are hitting a strange situation, however, if we set the session timeout
on our context to be less than the default 30 minutes eg 5 mins.

The valve has the following check:

if (((session.getMaxInactiveInterval() > 0) && (System.currentTimeMillis()
- session.getLastAccessedTimeInternal() <
      session.getMaxInactiveInterval() * 1000)))
{
        // Logged out, kill em all
}
else
{
        // Timed out, just stop tracking
}

However, from the debug we added, session.getMaxInactiveInterval() is
returning the default 30, not the 5 minute timeout of the context the
session was associated with.

Can anyone shed any light on the situation?

cheers,

David