tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Stine <ast...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Disabling Asserts on Tomcat 5.0.x
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 19:50:14 GMT

Hello,

I'm having an issue running Tomcat 5.0.x on an IBM JVM.

We currently have a product which is heavily dependant on BOXi which uses
Tomcat 5.0.27 to run its webapp. It runs fine on the Sun JVM. Due to
business reasons however, we're being forced to switch from the Sun JVM to
the IBM one, which to our dismay causes Tomcat 5.0.27 to break whenever it
is run as a service. All versions of Tomcat 5.0.x that we've tried throw an
assert error (shown below)  when run as a service. These errors are not
thrown when Java is started directly and when they are dismissed, Tomcat
appears to run normally. What I need then, is a way to suppress this error
or to disable whatever part of Tomcat it is that is throwing it. I'll
appreciate any help.

Regards,
     Andrew J Stine

The error message:
Assertion failed!

Program: ...Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\bin\tomcat5.exe
File: CheckFailureSnippet.cpp
Line: 41

Expression: x86CG()->supportsFS0VMThreadRematerialization() && x86CG()->
allowVMThreadRematerialization()

For information on how a program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts

(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)