tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Adi katz" <adi.k...@easasoftware.com>
Subject swallowOutput="true" in Tomcat 5.5
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 12:48:51 GMT
Hi

I folowed the documentation and set up a log4j logger in my context, as well
as set swallowOutput="true" on the context
so all System.out statements will find their way to the log file.
It works fine for servlets ( Any System.out inside a servlet will be written
to the log file instead the standard out - cool ! )
However, this does not work for classes which arenot servlets that runs in
the container ( backing beans etc. )
All System.out in non-servlets classes still go to the console.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks