tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nuno Manuel Martins <nuno.mmartins_exte...@sonae.com>
Subject Manager Application (Tomcat 5.5.26)
Date Mon, 19 May 2008 16:17:48 GMT
Hello,

I'm trying to install the manager application on Tomcat 5.5.26 (well, actually it comes installed
by default, I am just trying to make it work) and after I authenticate with a user created
in conf/tomcat-users.xml I get the following message

HTTP Status 404 - Servlet HTMLManager is not available
________________________________
type Status report
message Servlet HTMLManager is not available
description The requested resource (Servlet HTMLManager is not available) is not available.

I googled around but all I could find was recomentations to re-install the application but
this mostly relates to RPM installs or 3rd party software but I am using the source distribution
from the official site... however I did try to unpack the source again and overwrite the manager
application (still have the problem though).

My server.xml has the following about this:

  <GlobalNamingResources>
              type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
              pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
  </GlobalNamingResources>
[...]
            <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm" resourceName="UserDatabase"/>
                <Context path="/manager" docBase="/usr/local/tomcat-5.5.26/webapps/manager"
reloadable="true" crossContext="true"/>

Think these are the relevant parts.

If you have any ideas on what may be causing this let me know.

Thanks,
Nuno