tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Shreekanta Prasad" <spras...@sapient.com>
Subject tomcat deployment error
Date Thu, 22 May 2008 06:28:12 GMT
Hi All,

            I am using tomcat 5.5. Using deployer utility of tomcat to
do hot deployment to the server.

           But it is giving error error like

\build.xml:98: java.io.IOException:

 Server returned HTTP response code: 403 for URL:
http://localhost:8080/manager/

   deploy?path=%2Fdmi&update=true

My build file has target called deploy it passes url,username,pwd  I am
passing same parameters those defined in  tomcat-users.xml in conf
directory of tomcat

role as manager. Also observe the error line my context path is dmi it
is taking path as '%2Fdmi' why is it?

I have two jars related to deployment catalina-ant.jar and
catalina-deployer.jar.Is any other jar is missing? those are added to
build path of the build.xml.

Thanks and Regards -
Shreekanta Prasad
Banglore,India.