tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Doom Dog <xdoom...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Tomcat installation on Windows - different install directory than default
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 14:26:57 GMT
Thanks Peter.  We thought about doing that, but since it was already nicely packaged, we figured
we'd give it a try.

xd

> From: Peter.Crowther@melandra.com> To: users@tomcat.apache.org> Date: Mon, 12 May
2008 09:25:26 +0100> Subject: RE: Tomcat installation on Windows - different install directory
than default> > > From: Doom Dog [mailto:xdoomdog@hotmail.com]> > I'd like
to launch the Tomcat installation on Windows,> > silently, so that I can install it
in a different directory> > than the usual \Program Files\Apache Software> > Foundation\Tomcat
5.5, is there a way of passing the> > alternate directory on the command line to the
installer in> > silent mode?> > Download the zip version and persuade your installer
to install the files wherever you want. The Tomcat installer isn't the only way to get Tomcat
onto your system - and for some of us, it isn't the preferred way either.> > - Peter>