tomcat-users mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Wahaj Khan" <wahaj.k...@ascertia.com>
Subject Failing to using OpenSSL v0.9.8g with tomcat 5.5.9 over TLS
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 12:04:28 GMT
Hi,

 

I am trying to use OpenSSL 0.9.8e/0.9.8g to communicate with web-server
(Apache tomcat v5.5.9) and failing over TLS. If I communicate on non secure
channel, I succeed. I can access my web-server using IE 7.0, firefox2.0+
successfully suggesting that the web-server is OK. By default Apache tomcat
v5.5.9 runs over TLS protocol but it can be switched to SSL by tweaking its
settings. I have tried both options and failed. The error I am getting at
OpenSSL side is:

 

OpenSSL> ocsp -issuer E:\\OpenSSL\\TestL2CA1-b64.cer -cert
E:\\OpenSSL\\Mary-b64.cer  -resp_text -nonce -url https://testmachine:8778
-no_cert_verify

Error connecting BIO

5088:error:14077438:SSL routines:SSL23_GET_SERVER_HELLO:tlsv1 alert internal
err

or:.\ssl\s23_clnt.c:578:

error in ocsp

 

I have used OpenSSL v0.9.8e to talk to another application which listens
over SSL (not TLS) successfully. I am not sure whether this issue is due to
OpenSSL failing to communicate over TLS or it is an issue at tomcat side.
Can some one suggest some work-around.

 

I even tried playing with the APR to use OpenSSL but with no luck. 

 

Best Regards,

Wahaj

 


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message