tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Riaz, Bob" <Bob.R...@Pearson.com>
Subject Tomcat Users List
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 15:02:58 GMT
Hi,

This is my web.xml file. Nothing special. I'm just getting started.

<!DOCTYPE web-app

http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-app_2_4.xsd
http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee/web-jsptaglibrary_2_0.xsd"
    version="2.4"/>

    <web-app>
    </web-app>

- when I start Tomcat, I get the following error
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The markup in the document following the
root element must be well-formed.
at
com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unkno
wn Source)
	at
org.apache.tomcat.util.digester.Digester.parse(Digester.java:1644)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.applicationWebConfig(ContextCo
nfig.java:369)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.start(ContextConfig.java:1062)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.j
ava:261)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSu
pport.java:117)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4252
)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.checkResources(HostConfig.java:11
14)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.check(HostConfig.java:1212)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:29
3)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSu
pport.java:117)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.backgroundProcess(ContainerBase.j
ava:1337)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.proc
essChildren(ContainerBase.java:1601)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.proc
essChildren(ContainerBase.java:1610)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase$ContainerBackgroundProcessor.run(
ContainerBase.java:1590)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
SEVERE: Occurred at line 11 column 6

Any thoughts would be deeply appreciated.
Many thanks.

Bob
This email may contain material confidential to
Pearson.  If you were not an intended recipient,
please notify the sender and delete all copies.