tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Sameer Naik <samee...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Hits to same JSP
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 00:25:12 GMT
The hits are for exact same URL and not for the resources (images/css/js) in it.
We have the user id and all the information about user, but its a sensitive matter to contact
end user; it would require many levels of approval :-)
Enabling RequestDumperValve may not be an option in prod as we get lots of hits per day.

========================

Subject:Re: Multiple Hits to same JSP
From:Pid (p...@pidster.com)
Date:05/13/2008 01:13:39 AM
List:org.apache.tomcat.users
What are the hits actually for, the same page or separate pages?
Is the requestor hitting a page and then getting all of the associated
images, scripts, css etc?  How many extra files per page do you have on
average?
A client with caching turned off, or behind a badly configured
proxy/cache could conceivably cause an avalanche of 'hits' if you have a
lot of extra files per page.
Examine at the request headers using RequestDumperValve - but be aware
it will generate a *lot* of data.
Alternatively, if you know the user id, email them and ask what they're
playing at.