tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Crowther <Peter.Crowt...@melandra.com>
Subject RE: Help Requested: Sending file attachments greater than 4mb causes OOM errors
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 14:48:17 GMT
> From: Lyman [mailto:lbyrd@memach.com]
> Thank you Peter, I forgot to add that I had set the
> parameters as follows:
> "-Djava.awt.headless=true -Xmx1500m -Xms1500m"

On a machine with 1 Gbyte of physical memory, that is almost certainly a mistake - depending
on how much swap you've allocated.  Have you tried with smaller values, such as 50% to 75%
of physical memory?

> The -D parameter was there before so I did not mess with it..

Means it's possible to render images with AWT without requiring a local display.

> I had tried with and without the -Xms parameter and did not
> see any difference in behavior.

What does "top" tell you about your used/free memory - total, and that used by Java?

                - Peter