tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Robert Oxspring <roxspr...@imapmail.org>
Subject Multiple authentication schemes within a webapp
Date Sat, 17 May 2008 10:49:23 GMT
Hi,

I have a webapp that uses form based authentication but I'd like to
also be able to login to it using basic authentication.  The main use
case for this is to present a nice form based login for web users, not
involving the standard browser's username/password prompt, but also
allow people to include their username and password into the url for
use in the likes of wget and other tools.

Can anyone give me recommendations on how to achieve this? As far as I
can tell I can't have more than one login-config elements in the
web.xml.  Would I need to implement a new Authenticator delegating to
BasicAuthenticator and FormAuthenticator?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Rob