tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ramesh Narayanan (ramesnar)" <rames...@cisco.com>
Subject changing server.xml attribs on the fly
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 18:44:28 GMT
Hi folks
               Has anyone ventured into modifying the conf/server.xml
file using the default internal XML parser of tomcat? I am currently in
a midst of a project where I am securing all in bound and out bound
communications and to that effect I have generated a SSL certificate
using our CA and when I configure manually the new keystore, keypass,
truststore, trust password, everything works like a charm. I need the
capability to just go and change these attribs at run time and restart
the tomcat server and want the new cert to load. I know I can write my
own SAX or DOM parser to achieve this, but I thought since Tomcat
internally parses this file anyways, if this parsing and persisting into
java objects is already available?

Can anyone volunteer to help me out please?

Thanks
Ramesh