tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TOMCAT CLUSTERING HOWTO
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 15:34:55 GMT
On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 8:03 AM, karthikn
<karthik.nanjangude@xius-bcgi.com> wrote:

> Some body on the Form told me , Set up the cluster before applying load
> balancing and Test the cluster's setup  as  following
>
>>>"deploy/undeploy your apps only to one server, and the cluster will
>>> distribute the      deployments/undeploy across the entire cluster".
>    with <distributable/> in web.xml

> Is this correct or  not ?

That the deployments will be distributed, or that that's the way to test?

I don't know about the first, and from an operations perspective, I don't
think I'd /want/ that to happen. And it's been a while since I worked with
clusters, but I don't recall that being the case. Could be wrong, though.

Session replication was the whole point of clustering for installations
I've been involved in.

FWIW,