tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Hassan Schroeder" <hassan.schroe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: trim-directive-whitespaces and .tag files
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 15:09:40 GMT
On Fri, May 9, 2008 at 7:45 AM, Milanez, Marcus
<Marcus.Milanez@diebold.com> wrote:

> Just a final questions: should it be working or not? I mean, ths
> specification for trim-directive-whitespaces says that it could not work
> in these cases?

Actually, the 2.1 spec says:

"As of JSP 2.1, it is possible to have extraneous whitespaces removed from
template text through element trim-directive-whitespaces of JSP Property Groups
(See Section JSP.3.3.8, "Removing whitespaces from template text"), or the page
and tag file directive attribute trimDirectiveWhitespaces (See Section
JSP.1.10.1,
"The page Directive", Section JSP.8.5.1, "The tag Directive")."

So looks like a little more experimentation is in order  :-)