tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ryan Steele <rste...@archer-group.com>
Subject Status and Tomcat Manager links result in 404's
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 18:30:08 GMT
Hey list,

I've got a Tomcat 5.5.25 installation up and running for the most part.
However, on the index.jsp on the main page (http://example.com:8080),
the "Status" and "Tomcat Manager" links both result in 404's.

My Tomcat/Catalina home is /usr/share/tomcat5.  My main webapps folder
is in /usr/share/tomcat5/webapps, and the admin/manager/host-manager
apps are in /usr/share/tomcat5/server/webapps.  But, I always get the
404 "The requested resource (/manager/html) is not available."  Just for
kicks, I also tried manually entering /server/manager/html as the URI,
but it failed similarly.

I have added a role in my /usr/share/tomcat5/conf/tomcat-users.xml so
that users can authenticate as an admin to that area, but I don't even
get the prompt for credentials.  I've got what looks like a proper
context in /usr/share/tomcat5/server/webapps/manager/manager.xml:

<Context docBase="${catalina.home}/server/webapps/manager"
         privileged="true" antiResourceLocking="false"
antiJARLocking="false">

  <!-- Link to the user database we will get roles from -->
  <ResourceLink name="users" global="UserDatabase"
                type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"/>
</Context>

I also tried editing the context to list a path (I set it to
path="/manager") ...but alas, I'm still stuck with 404's.  I don't see
anything in the logs when this happens.  Has anybody seen this before,
and perhaps does anyone have any insight as to where I'm zigging where I
should be zagging?

Thanks!

Ryan