tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Carol Cheung <cache...@consumercontact.com>
Subject moving realm from server.xml to context.xml
Date Wed, 28 May 2008 18:24:35 GMT
Hi,
I have form authentication working if I place the Realm element in
server.xml, using JDBCRealm.

I'm trying to move the realm element out of server.xml to
META-INF/context.xml according to

In doing so, I get
ERROR JAASRealm:269 - Unexpected error
javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: No LoginModules configured for
Catalina
when I enter a correct login/password combination.

Here's my context.xml:

<Context className="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext"
	backgroundProcessorDelay="-1" cachingAllowed="true"
	cookies="true" crossContext="false" debug="9"
	path="/appname" privileged="false" reloadable="true"
	wrapperClass="org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper">

	<Realm  className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
              driverName="org.postgresql.Driver"
          connectionName="user"
      connectionPassword="pw"
           connectionURL="jdbc:postgresql://localhost:5432/appname"
                  digest="MD5"
               userTable="users" userNameCol="username"
userCredCol="password"
           userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="rolename" />

</Context>
(Sanitized for privacy reasons.)

If anyone has any insight into this, your help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
CC