tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: mod_jk keeps connections closed by tomcat in CLOSE_WAIT state
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 14:24:30 GMT
Stephanie Wullbieter wrote:
> Same phenomen with mod_jk 1.2.23

New in 1.2.26 (from public Changelog):

- LB/AJP: Refactoring of jk_connect.c, jk_ajp_common.c, jk_lb_worker.c
(rjung)

- Common: Maintain idle connections in decreasing (LRU) slot order. (rjung)

Especially the second one is related to CLOSE_WAIT, although not in
prefork/single-threaded situations (see below).

> Why does mod_jk not close the connections?
>
>> If you want to keep CLOSE_WAIT in later versions to an absolute minimum,
>> you could set connection_pool_minsize to 0.
>
> We use Apache 1.3. Does Apache 1.3 use connection_pool_minsize ? What's the default value
?

Yes it does. Default for connection pool size is one (and no other value
does make sense for httpd 1.3 or prefork), and default for min size is
always (size+1)/2, so here (1+1)/2=1.

You can try 0.

> Thank You!

You're welcome.