tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Khurram H Khan <kk...@arpatech.com>
Subject Re: [Fwd: Tomcat manager]
Date Mon, 26 May 2008 12:44:13 GMT
Thanks for the reply.

 >>By the way: what tomcat version are you using?
I am running apache-tomcat-5.5.17

 >> Compare their web.xml files. Compare manager.xml files
I have compared the web.xml files and manager.xml files, they are
word-to-word same; I should infact say they are character to character
same :)

 >> If you press cancel in those dialog boxes several times, what error
page it shows? Is it "HTTP 401, not authenticated", or "HTTP 403,
access denied"?
I get HTTP Status 401 in the title bar. And in the page, the description
heading says "This request requires HTTP authentication (). "

 >> What realm name (message) is displayed in those dialog boxes? Is it
the same as configured in web.xml of the manager application (see
<realm-name> there)?

It says "Tomcat Manager Application" and it is the same as in web.xml of
the manager application

 >> Do you have Apache HTTP server running in front of your Tomcat?
No I don't have Apache HTTP server running.

 >> Didn't you forget to restart Tomcat after editing its tomcat-users.xml?
No I didn't. I know this much :) that we need to restart tomcat every
time we change tomcat-users.xml.

Regards,

*Khurram Khan*