tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: Moving from a very old Tomcat to a new Tomcat.
Date Fri, 23 May 2008 22:53:32 GMT
So if I have this right, the sequence is:

1. Login to the unsecure http site
2. Click on a https secure link
3. You get a second login.

If that's the case, you should change things so people get moved to the
secure https page, login, and then taken back to the http unsecure
page.  Sessions created in the unsecure http protocol are not trusted by
the secure https protocol in tomcat.  If I remember right, sessions
created in secure https are trusted by http.

--David