tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David kerber <dcker...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Newbie
Date Fri, 16 May 2008 18:29:48 GMT
Evan Siegel wrote:
> Hi. Just joined your list.
> I would like to have a bibliography of sites and books and whatever other resources there
are for people interested in using Tomcat for server-side website programming.

I don't know; I've only ever used the online resources at
tomcat.apache.org, plus plenty of googling.  If you already know Java,
that's a big help.

> Also: If I want to experiment with actual server-side programming, what host would
At this point in your dev cycle, whatever one you're comfortable working
with.  TC runs fine on all versions of windows from Win2K on (and maybe
NT, though I haven't tried it), plus many flavors of Linux and Unix.  I
develop on WinXP, and deploy to Win2k and Win2k3 servers with no changes.

Good luck!