tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Brian E. Nicely" <benic...@uiuc.edu>
Subject wrapperClass usage
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 20:03:17 GMT
I'm trying to define my own wrapper, but I'm running into some issues.
Basically it appears the wrapper never gets called.

What I've done so far is create a very simple servlet which prints hello
to the browser and I've written a wrapper class named MyWrapper which
extends StandardWrapper. The MyWrapper class just has a constructor
which is supposed to print out to the logs "I'm in the wrapper."  Also,
in this project, I edited the context.xml file to read <Context
wrapperClass="MyWrapper.java"/> and started up the Tomcat server.

When I loaded up the hello servlet, I don't see the message "I'm in the
wrapper.", but I do see the page with hello on it.

I've also edited the context.xml file to read <Context
wrapperClass="FakeClass.java"/> to see if I'd see a message anywhere
showing me that it's trying to instantiate the wrapperClass for me but
couldn't. I don't see that either.

Thanks,
   Brian