tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rainer Jung <rainer.j...@kippdata.de>
Subject Re: change "disabled" worker parameter via jkstatus persists only short time
Date Thu, 15 May 2008 07:49:13 GMT
Stephanie Wullbieter wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have successfully installed the JK Status Manager page.
>
> When I there click on a worker and change the "disabled" status (mark
> or unmark it) and then click "update worker", after one minute or so
> the changes are gone and the workers are disabled like defined in
> workers.properties again.
>
> Maybe the changes are undone in the maintenance run?
>
> Why is this behaviour? I thought one shall be able to manage the
> workers not only for a few seconds but until shutting down the web
> server? That would be very helpful.

There was a bug which has been fixed in 1.2.21: "JkStatus: Improve data
synchronization between different processes.". You should really update
to 1.2.26.

Reconfiguring via the status worker is a non persistant modification. It
will not be reflected by the contents of workers.properties and thus
will be lost after web server restart.

What you are seeing though, seems to be an old bug.

> my mod_jk version: 1.2.18 (the version shipped with current stable
> Debian Etch).
>
> Thank You!

Regards,

Rainer