tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Andrea Del Linz <andrea.dell...@elettra.trieste.it>
Subject URLClassLoader and Reflection fail on Windows.
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 14:23:11 GMT
Dear All,
I have developed a webapp that loads dynamically java classes from jar
files. Practically you put a jar file in a specified directory and the
application will try to load a specified class from it. The application
works with tomcat on Unix systems (both Linux and MacOSX) but it doesn't
work on Windows system. I've tried to execute the code outside tomcat as
standalone application and it works under Windows too.
To load jars I create an instance of URLClassLoader with the jar url as
first argument and getClass().getClassLoader() as second argument (the
parent class loader).
I catch the java.lang.ClassNotFoundException when I use my instance of
URLClassLoader to load dynamically the class. I think that is a parent
class loader problem, because it's the only difference between
standalone and webapp runnings. Could someone help me to resolve that?
Thanks in advance,
Andrea Del Linz