tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Neil B. Cohen" <nco...@verisign.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat configuration question
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 12:15:17 GMT
Hi,

I changed the server.xml file and changed the various ports from 8005 ->
9005, 8080->9090 etc.
When I start Tomcat (using startup.sh) I get the following in the
catalina.out file:

========
May 13, 2008 7:36:59 AM org.apache.catalina.core.AprLifecycleListener init
INFO: The APR based Apache Tomcat Native library which allows optimal
performanc
e in production environments was not found on the java.library.path:
/usr/java/j
dk1.6.0_02/jre/lib/i386/server:/usr/java/jdk1.6.0_02/jre/lib/i386:/usr/java/jdk1
.6.0_02/jre/../lib/i386:/usr/java/packages/lib/i386:/lib:/usr/lib
May 13, 2008 7:36:59 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-9292
May 13, 2008 7:36:59 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
INFO: Initializing Coyote HTTP/1.1 on http-9090
May 13, 2008 7:36:59 AM org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol init
SEVERE: Error initializing endpoint
java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/ncohen/.keystore (No such file or
directory)
etc. etc. etc.

It looks like it is looking for a security certificate - but this
doesn't happen when I start the same Tomcat software on my desktop
(testing) machine. Can someone give me a hint as to what it is looking
for, why it is looking for it, and what I need to do to get the system
running? Later in the log file, it seems that my .war file gets unpacked
and started correctly, but I can't connect to it at port 9090 - it just
hangs there forever....

Thanks,

nbc