tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Abid Hussain <abid.huss...@abid76.de>
Subject Re: retrieving two different objects from session (should be thesame)
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 09:10:35 GMT
Hi again,

sorry for delay and thanks for help. Chuck has been absolutely right -
it was a concurrency issue. As he said, it's better to store needed
objects in the request than in the session.

The problem is, I need an object being available for several requests,
so I have to store it in the session. Now I have to find a way to store
objects in session avoiding any concurrency issues...

Regards,

Abid

Caldarale, Charles R schrieb:
>> From: Abid Hussain [mailto:abid.hussain@abid76.de]
>> Subject: Re: retrieving two different objects from session
>> (should be thesame)
>>
>> so this means, it's specified behaviour that there is no guarantee,
>> having an object placed in session would be the same after
>> retrieving it after some time...?
>
> No, the object will be the same, unless the session is persisted and
> reloaded (what Mark T was asking about earlier), or clustering is being
> used.
>
>  - Chuck

Abid Hussain
Mail: abid.hussain@abid76.de