tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Tomás Tormo <tto...@indenova.com>
Subject How to increase memory form Tomcat 5.5
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 08:24:42 GMT
Hi

    I'm getting the OutOfMemory exception sometimes with some
applications in tomcat 5.5 on Ubuntu. I've been searching on the
internet how to give more memory to Tomcat, but the only way i found is
to add the line "set JAVA_OPTS=-server -Xms256m -Xmx512m" (cause in this
case i need that amount of memory) in the beginning of catalina.sh, but
it doesn't work: when i check the Server Status in the Web
Administration page of Tomcat, i always get the same value: 113 mb.
Could you please help me to resolve this issue?

Thank you very much.

--
Un saludo,

Tomás Tormo Franco