tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Missing Context error text
Date Mon, 12 May 2008 21:26:05 GMT
Eric Dalquist wrote:
> Is this behavior, writing to the underlying response object, dictated by
> the spec? Is this required of Tomcat versus writing to the PrintWriter
> provided by the response wrapper.

Not that I can see in the spec. Also, my quick test shows that the
DefaultServlet (which creates the missing resource message) calls
getWriter() on the wrapped response object as expected. It is possible you
are missing a wrapper somewhere?

If not, if you create a new bug and attach the simplest test case that
demonstrates the issue (two classes: a wrapper and a servlet should be
enough) I'll take a closer look.

BTW, if you don't like the message, using your own DefaultServlet (eg the
Tomcat one less the few lines of code that write the message) would be a
way around it.

Mark