tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Alan Chaney <a...@compulsivecreative.com>
Subject Re: Multiple Hits to same JSP
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 22:20:25 GMT
Have you checked to see whether or not they are real requests - that is,
coming from the web. If they are there's nothing anyone on this list can
do...

Try monitoring you network with something like wireshark.

I have seen similar behavior - I think it may be from badly written
spiders or feeble attempts to hack your site. If they are truly
vindictive the only thing you can do is block them with a firewall.

Regards

Alan Chaney

Sameer Naik wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are using Apache 2.0.53 + mod_jk 1.2.21 + tomcat 5.0.28 combination and seeing multiple
hits to a single JSP file in quick succession, like 500 hits in a minute from same user ID
and same IP address. Response code is 200 for all the requests. It is happening randomly from
various user agents. Did anyone encounter such scenario? Can we log something in Apache logs
to debug the issue? (We are already logging referrer, UA, byte range request values etc).