tomcat-users mailing list archives

From karthikn <karthik.nanjang...@xius-bcgi.com>
Subject Re: TOMCAT CLUSTERING HOWTO
Date Fri, 09 May 2008 15:03:06 GMT
Hi

Sorry for the delay and Thx for reply

>> Tomcat does not have "startup" ports.

Yes I have  set  the 2 Independent TOMCAT's at 8080 and 8081

<!-- Define a non-SSL HTTP/1.1 Connector on port 8080 -->

 >> Before you worry about "clustering", can you even get a single
request handled by Tomcat?

I would be testing for "ROOT" web application in TOMCAT as

http://<IP>:<port>/

I perfectly get the TC's Home page

Some body on the Form told me , Set up the cluster before applying load
balancing and Test the cluster's setup  as  following

 >>"deploy/undeploy your apps only to one server, and the cluster will
distribute the
     deployments/undeploy across the entire cluster".
     with <distributable/> in web.xml

Is this correct or  not ?

with regards
Karthik