tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Abid Hussain <abid.huss...@abid76.de>
Subject Re: retrieving two different objects from session (should be thesame)
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 14:36:56 GMT
Hi again,

I'm not sure if I got the point. I would have thought that it doesn't
matter if concurrent requests come in, cause:
1. There's only one request which ends up in the servlet where the
described behaviour came up. The other requests which are generated by
the browser wouldn't be delegated to the servlet, cause they are only
requesting static resources (like pictures, etc.).
2. The webapp is normally used by a few users at the same time.
3. Whatever the number of requests is, the session stays the same,
shouldn't it?

Regards,

Abid

Caldarale, Charles R schrieb:
>> From: Abid Hussain [mailto:abid.hussain@abid76.de]
>> Subject: Re: retrieving two different objects from session
>> (should be thesame)
>>
>> So, this shouldn't be the reason...?
>
> Are you properly synchronizing accesses to the session for concurrent
> requests?  Browsers will almost always generate multiple concurrent
> requests for the same session whenever the page being displayed has
> anything embedded in it (e.g., style sheets, pictures).
>
>  - Chuck

Abid Hussain
Mail: abid.hussain@abid76.de
Web: http://www.abid76.de