tomcat-users mailing list archives

From karthikn <karthik.nanjang...@xius-bcgi.com>
Subject Re: TOMCAT CLUSTERING HOWTO
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 13:51:01 GMT
Hi

Sorry for delay and Thx for the reply

 >>I'm certainly confused as to why you would run two Tomcats on the same
JVM. First of all, how did you do that? Are you using Tomcat embedded or
something?

Yes I have 2 TOMCAT individual  running on same Windows2000
Machine sharing the same JVM with Startup / Shutdown Ports,but not embedded.

Would this setup be not configurable to be cluster ...?

 >>You need some type of load balancer out in front of the two instances
to make the cluster useful.

To test  clustering setup , do i need a Load balancer ...?

 >> You continually say "it is not working" but you never describe what
is happening.

I have the cluster setup as said in the "http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/cluster-howto.html"

And since some body on this form replied

>> "deploy/undeploy your apps only to one server, and the cluster will
      distribute  the deployments/undeploy across the entire cluster".
      with  <distributable/> in web.xml

The O/p of these 2 tomcats is as given below

Delpoyment of a war file on TOMCAT5523_I  displays in console as

 INFO: Starting clustering manager at /DATAGRID
 Apr 29, 2008 10:17:59 AM
 org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager getAll
 ClusterSessions
 WARNING: Manager [/DATAGRID], requesting session state from
 org.apache.catalina.
 cluster.mcast.McastMember[tcp://10.10.16.63:4002,catalina,10.10.16.63,4002,
 aliv e=17593]. This operation will timeout if no session state has been
 received with
in 60 seconds.
 Apr 29, 2008 10:18:59 AM
 org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager waitFo
 rSendAllSessions
 SEVERE: Manager [/DATAGRID]: No session state send at 4/29/08 10:17 AM
 received,
  timing out after 60,109 ms.

 TOMCAT5523_II displays on console as

 >>INFO: Replication member
 added:org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastMember[tcp
 ://10.10.16.63:4001,catalina,10.10.16.63,4001, alive=16]
 Apr 29, 2008 10:17:59 AM
 org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.ClusterSessionListe
ner messageReceived
SEVERE: Context manager doesn't exist:/DATAGRID

with regards
Karthik