tomcat-users mailing list archives

From karthikn <karthik.nanjang...@xius-bcgi.com>
Subject Re: TOMCAT CLUSTERING HOWTO
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 04:28:16 GMT
Hi

As per TOMCAT CLUSTERING HOWTO documents

I am trying clustering on 2 TOMCAT 5.5.23  on WINDOWS OS sharing the same JVM 1.6

with the parameters as below

                                TC1      TC2
Startup                      8081    8082
ShutDown                  8007    8008
APJ                           8009    8010
TCP Listener              4001     4002
tcpListenAddress         auto    auto
jvmRoute                 node01  node02

Will this work ?

Somebody on the form said

>> "deploy/undeploy your apps only to one server, and the cluster will
      distribute  the deployments/undeploy across the entire cluster".
      with  <distributable/> in web.xml

This i was not working, How would one know the cluster is successfully.

Prerequisite : TOMCAT 5.5.23 (already in production ,we cannot change this version) 2 nos
JSDK           : 1.6
O/s             : windows 2000

With regards
Karthik

 a) Clustering

    1) Do we need to deploy the war files  on each individual Tomcat
     when joined the clustering.
 "deploy your apps only to one server, and the cluster will
     distribute  the deployments across the entire cluster".

         This does not seems to work, after following the steps for 2
     Tomcats (or am i missing some thing in here.)

    2) Is this a must do configuration

          >>" Make sure that all nodes have the same time and sync with
     NTP service! "

        for the clusters to start functioning.

Landon Fabbricino wrote:
> Helly Karthikn,
>
> I am confused as to where you are having problems?
>
> I am not sure what you mean by "How to test TOMCAT CLUSTERING with out Load balancer"?
>
> What exactly are you trying to do with your two tomcat machines?
>

> Landon Fabbricino
> IT Applications
>
> Phone: 403.225.7515
> Fax: 403.225.7604
> lfabbric@agrium.com

> Hi
>
> How to test TOMCAT CLUSTERING with out Load balancer
>
> As Per the Tomcat 5.5.23 Cluster HowTo Documents
>
> I have only tried to Cluster 2 TOMCATS on SAME Machine , Sharing same JVM.
>
> but not able to SAMPLE TEST the clustering
>

> Am i on doing some thing wrong in here.....?
>

> Please Some body suggest me  ..... :(
>
> with regards
> Karthik
>

> karthikn wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> How to test TOMCAT CLUSTERING with out Load balancer
>>
>> As Per the Tomcat 5.5.23 Cluster HowTo Documents
>>
>> I have only tried to Cluster 2 TOMCATS on SAME Machine , Sharing same JVM.
>>
>> but not able to test the clustering
>>

>> Am i on doing some thing wrong in here.....?
>>

>> with regards
>> Karthik
>>

>> Landon Fabbricino wrote:
>>

>>> I honestly have not tried clustering tomcat without Apache before.
>>>
>>> Just recently I set up a server farm with apache on one server and tomcat on
two other servers (so 3 physical machines)

>>> Apache contains the "logic" to handle the load balancing between the two tomcats:
>>>
>>> jk.conf
>>> JkWorkersFile   conf/workers.properties
>>> JkLogFile       logs/jk_conn.log
>>> JkLogLevel      error
>>>
>>> JkMount /loadbalance-test*      loadbalancer
>>>
>>> workers.properties
>>> ### Load Balancer Instances             ####################################
>>>   worker.tomcat1.type=ajp13
>>>   worker.tomcat1.host=server1.domain.com
>>>   worker.tomcat1.port=8009  #AJP Port
>>>   worker.tomcat1.lbfactor=1
>>>
>>>   worker.tomcat4.type=ajp13
>>>   worker.tomcat4.host=server2.domain.com
>>>   worker.tomcat4.port=8010    #AJP Port
>>>   worker.tomcat4.lbfactor=1
>>>

>>> ### Define Mount Points                 ####################################
>>>
>>>   # Load Balance #####################
>>>       worker.loadbalancer.type=lb
>>>       worker.loadbalancer.balance_workers=tomcat1,tomcat2
>>>       worker.loadbalancer.sticky_session=False
>>>       worker.loadbalancer.method=B
>>>
>>> ### Load Mount Points                   ####################################
>>>   worker.list=loadbalancer

PM >>>

>>> Hi
>>>
>>> As Per the Tomcat 5.5.23 Cluster HowTo Documents
>>>
>>> I have only tried to Cluster 2 TOMCATS on SAME Machine , Sharing same JVM.
>>>
>>>  >> Could you provide your apache's worker.properties file?
>>>
>>> I have so far not used any APACHE Http Server for Load Balancing
>>>

>>> with regards
>>> Karthik

AM >>>

AM

HOWTO

Tomcat

confidential information intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above.
Any dissemination, distribution, copying or action taken in reliance on the contents of this
E-Mail by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited and is not intended
to, in anyway, waive privilege or confidentiality. If you have received this E-Mail in error
please immediately delete it and notify sender at the above E-Mail address.
and outgoing E-Mail. We encourage and promote the use of safe E-Mail management practices
and recommend you check this, and all other E-Mail and attachments you receive for the presence
of viruses. The sender and Agrium accept no liability for any damage caused by a virus or
otherwise by the transmittal of this E-Mail.