tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Smith <d...@cornell.edu>
Subject Re: How to reload web app from java program?
Date Sun, 04 May 2008 14:59:40 GMT
But to use the api that the manager app uses, your webapp needs to have
privileged="true" set in the context first.  Second, look at the source
for the manager webapp for exactly what it does.  And lastly, notice the
manager webapp can't reload itself -- I suspect there's a reason for
that.

I'm not sure a webapp being reloaded can request the manager reload it
as the manager does it during the request and doesn't send a response
until the reload is complete.  If you have code that can't unload
because it's actively being executed, it might block the reload.

--David