tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Keith Ealanta <>
Subject JkSetEnv and Servlet Filters
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 14:35:24 GMT
Can anyone advise me how to access the attributes set in an http request
using JkSetEnv?

Specifically I'm using JkSetEnv on Apache2.0 to set a number of
attributes in the request.
I have captured the mod_jk packets (on port 8009) and they contain the
items I've set in the attributes section as req_attribute type (code 0x0A)
When I access the ServletRequest object I cannot find this data anywhere.
I've downloaded a number of ServletRequest display filters and none of
them show the data either.
Are these attributes only useful for setting specific values the system
understands, is there some other way for me to access these values from
the ServletRequest object in Tomcat, or alternately is it possible there
is some error in mod_jk or Tomcat such that the data is never extracted
(if it even should be).

I'm guessing I'm just looking for it in all the wrong places, so I'm
hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Keith Ealanta

To start a new topic, e-mail:
To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: