tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Burbidge <mburb...@adobe.com>
Subject Re: Hot deploy deletes my context file...
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 12:32:58 GMT
Version 5.5.6

I use the follow target in my ant build script:

	<property name="deploy.dir" value="${catalina.home}/webapps" />
	<target name="deploywar">
		<echo message="copying ${war.file} to ${deploy.dir}" />
		<copy file="${war.file}" todir="${deploy.dir}" />
	</target>

By experimenting from the shell copying files I can see what Tomcat is
doing. I think that it deletes associated contexts whenever an
application is undeployed by deleting the .war file.

Michael-