tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Propes, Barry L " <barry.l.pro...@citi.com>
Subject RE: authenticated but not authorized -- blank page
Date Fri, 02 May 2008 18:11:48 GMT
oh ok....that's about the only difference I saw between mine and his...I've had no difficulty
getting the appropriate errors I should but I thought mine was a 500 error (for stepping over
to other apps with different roles).

-----Original Message-----
From: Caldarale, Charles R [mailto:Chuck.Caldarale@unisys.com]
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 12:33 PM
To: Tomcat Users List
Subject: RE: authenticated but not authorized -- blank page

> From: Propes, Barry L [mailto:barry.l.propes@citi.com]
> Subject: RE: authenticated but not authorized -- blank page
>
> I'm on an older version of Tomcat, but I don't have a
> separate security-role atttribute tag like his:
>
>    <!-- Security roles referenced by this web application -->
>    <security-role>
>      <role-name>guest1</role-name>
>      <role-name>guest2</role-name>
>    </security-role>

That's required by the servlet spec.  Current versions of Tomcat produce
this message when the list is not present:

May 2, 2008 12:26:25 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig
validateSecurityRoles
INFO: WARNING: Security role name manager used in an <auth-constraint>
without being defined in a <security-role>

Still seems to function o.k. without the list, but it is mandated by the
spec.

 - Chuck

and its attachments from all computers.