tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Leon Rosenberg" <rosenberg.l...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Tomcat 5.5 caseSensitive=false and work dir problem
Date Tue, 27 May 2008 09:35:45 GMT
On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 3:59 PM, Jesse Klaasse <Jesse.Klaasse@indicia.nl> wrote:

> Only thing I can think of now is to write a servlet filter which
> converts all request URLs to lowercase.. But I am kind of hoping for a
> more elegant solution.

Personally I find your solution elegant :-)
It would be maybe even more 'elegant' if you map your lowercase url
via some mapping to the real name of the jsp internally, like:

request EcHoSesSion -> Filter = echosession -> Mapper = EchoSession.jsp
Of course the mapper has to be configured (or browse the file system)
to determine the jsps real name. Alternatively you could rename all
your jsps to lowercase and forget about the mapper. The advantage of
the mapper (or the internal case-sensitivity) is that you webapp
remains working on non-windows platforms... just in case, remember:
write once, run anywhere :-)

regards
Leon