tomcat-users mailing list archives

From John Buchholz <johnb4...@yahoo.com>
Subject Shared Javascript, CSS, and Image Files
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 23:21:22 GMT
Hi,

I am looking for the recommended solution for when multiple webapps need to use the same sets
or javascript, css, and image files.  I have created a symbolic link in $CATALINA_HOME/webapps/myapp
called "shared" pointing to /home/myhome/shared_files.   When I refer to /shared/test.js in
my jsp, it does not recognize it.  Is there something I need to do to tell Tomcat to follow
symbolic links or even better is there a recommended location under $CATALINA_HOME for me
to add my collection of shared files that will be seen by all webapps?

I am using Tomcat 5.5.23.

Thanks so much for your help.